Connecting with EMDR: Integrating Attachment Work and EMDR Therapy
March 23, 2018
6 EMDRIA CE’s
About the Training
Understanding the role of attachment as the foundation of development is a key piece in providing the groundwork necessary for effective EMDR therapy, particularly with clients struggling with complex trauma. In addition to learning about each of the attachment styles, this training will provide EMDR clinicians with an understanding of how to foster healthy attachment experiences in the therapeutic relationship, and how to integrate those experiences into each phase of EMDR therapy.
Participants will be able to:
- Identify basic principles of each attachment style
- Understand several interventions for working with each attachment style in each phase of EMDR therapy
- Understand how to integrate relational work into EMDR therapy to enhance the attachment wound repair process.
- Identify specific interweaves to increase client’s felt sense of safety and subsequent reduction of defenses
- Identify tools for case conceptualization and target sequencing that are compatible with different attachment styles
8:30 am Registration begins
9:00 am Program begins
12-1 pm Lunch on own (approx.)
4:00 pm Program concludes
$125 for full day training
Seating is limited.
Program level: Full EMDR Training required
Certificate of Completion of EMDRIA Approved EMDR Training required upon registration
(Just off I-25 and Dry Creek Rd.)