Connecting with EMDR: Integrating Attachment Work and EMDR Therapy
March 23, 2018
6 EMDRIA Approved CE credits
EMDRIA EC Program Approval No.: 15013-02
6 NBCC Approved CE credits
Connecting with EMDR: Integrating Attachment Work and EMDR Therapy has been approved by NBCC for NBCC Credit. Tamra Hughes, MA, LPC is solely responsible for all aspects of the program. NBCC Approval No. SP2990.
TRAINING FULL AND REGISTRATION IS CLOSED. To be added to the waitlist, please fill out the form below. You will be contacted if a spot becomes available.
About the Training
Understanding the role of attachment as the foundation of development is a key piece in providing the groundwork necessary for effective EMDR therapy, particularly with clients struggling with complex trauma. In addition to learning about each of the attachment styles, this training will provide EMDR clinicians with an understanding of how to foster healthy attachment experiences in the therapeutic relationship, and how to integrate those experiences into each phase of EMDR therapy.
Participants will be able to:
- Identify 3 basic principles of each attachment style
- Describe specific interventions for working with each attachment style using EMDR therapy
- Conceptualize 3 ways to integrate relational work into EMDR therapy to enhance the attachment wound repair process.
- Identify specific interweaves to increase client’s felt sense of safety and subsequent reduction of defenses
- Identify tools for case conceptualization and target sequencing that are compatible with different attachment styles
8:30 am Registration begins
9:00 am Program begins
12-1 pm Lunch on own (approx.)
4:00 pm Program concludes
$125 for full day training
Seating is limited.
Program level: Full EMDR Training required
Certificate of Completion of EMDRIA Approved EMDR Training required upon registration