I see you, I feel you, I know you: A Systemic-Attachment Informed EMDR Model to work with Parents and Children and Heal Intergenerational Trauma
Presenter: Ana Gomez, Mc, LPC
12 EMDRIA EC Approval #15013-09
12 CE Credits provided by CE-Classes.com
Location and pricing:
Family Resource Pavilion 9700 E. Easter Lane, Centennial, CO 80112
Hotel accommodations available at Embassy Suites- Denver Tech Center
About the Training
This presentation is designed to provide step-by-step strategies to use the eight phases of EMDR therapy effectively with parents and children to promote the healing of generational wounds, as well as the child, the parent, and the parent-child attachment bond. A model to work with parents and children that include four different levels of involvement will be presented. The use of the AAI will be discussed providing tips on how to use it clinically to identify parent’s potential tendencies towards insecure states of mind with regards to their own attachment experiences. How to work with dismissing, preoccupied and unresolved states of mind throughout the eight phases will be discussed so the capacity to “hold the child’s mind in mind” (Fonagy) can be promoted. Case conceptualization strategies and Preparation tools that include protocols to enhance the parent’s capacity for differentiation and boundary awareness as well as linkage and connection will be addressed. The use of videos, maps and relational choreographies to promote the development of mentalizing capacities, attunement and ability to synchronize and attune to the child’s internal states will be studied. A wide range of stabilization interventions and interweaves will be presented that can be effectively used during the preparation and reprocessing phases of EMDR therapy with parents and children.
Participants will be able to:
Identify specific theories that directly address the key elements of attachment security in infants and children and the accompanying elements of the caregiving system.
Recognize key elements to develop case conceptualization skills and treatment plans using the AIP model, attachment theory, the AAI using the AIP model and attachment theory in the work with parents.
Apply a three level EMDR treatment model with parents of children with complex trauma or parents with collapsed caregiving systems.
Differentiate narratives that can potentially show tendencies linked to the different categories of adult attachment: Secure, earned secure, dismissing, preoccupied and unresolved.
Apply elements of the AAI to develop EMDR therapy treatment plans (including the targeting sequence), based on how the parent has come to organize the memories and narratives of their own attachment experiences.
Apply three levels of intervention with parents grounded in the principles and core of EMDR therapy.
Identify and use powerful interweaves during the reprocessing phases of EMDR therapy to help the parent meet unmet attachment needs.
Program level: Full EMDR Training required
This course is intended for Psychologists, Counselors, Social Workers, Licensed Professional Counselors
Skill level: Intermediate-Advanced
Certificate of Completion of EMDRIA Approved EMDR Training required upon registration
Tuition will be refunded for cancellations made up to two weeks prior to the first day of training. Within the two-week window prior to the start of training, and after beginning the training, no refunds will be made. Registrants that partially attend the training, or do not complete the training will not receive a refund and cannot transfer their attendance to another training.
In the event that EMDR Center of the Rockies needs to cancel the training due to under-enrollment, presenter illness or inclement weather.participants will be notified by one week prior to the training and full tuition will be refunded.
CE Credits provided by CE-Classes.com.
CE-Classes.com is approved by:
· The American Psychological Association (APA) CE-Classes.com is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. CE-Classes.com maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
· This course is NOT available for NBCC credit
· This training does not offer ASWB ACE credit to social workers.
· Florida Certification Board
· The Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy and Mental Health Counseling Provider #852 BAP-Expires 3/31/2021
· The California Board of Behavioral Sciences. The California Board of Behavioral Sciences, BBS, recognizes relevant course work/training that has been approved by nationally recognized certifying bodies, such as APA, to satisfy renewal requirements.
· California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals (CCAPP) Provider Number OS-12-147-0221 Expires 02-2021
· The Texas Board of Social Work Examiners, Continuing Education Provider – 5674 expires 4/30/2020
· The Texas Board of Professional Counselors, Continuing Education Provider
· Massachusetts Authorization Number: (TBD)
· Ohio Counselor, Social Worker and Marriage and Family Therapist Board – Provider # RCST031201 Expires 5/31/2021
· New York Social Work Board – CE-Classes.com is recognized by the New York State Education
Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of
continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0120.
· The Florida Board of Nursing (CE Provider #: 50-4896) Expires 10/31/2020 Do not send certificates to the Florida Board of Nursing. You must keep this certificate for 4 years.
· The California Board of Registered Nursing. CEP 15647 Expires 11/30/2020.*There is no known commercial support for this program.